Wednesday 26 August 2015

Venetian Mounted Officers/Generals using Boki 18mm Miniatures

While researching the Venetian army in the Napoleonic era I discovered more images of re-enactors than I did of actual historical uniform reference. I decided to build my army based on these interpretations of their uniforms until such time as I can confirm any actual uniform details.

I'm using Austrian miniatures as a basis for the Venetians, although there are many minor differences. Hopefully at 15/18mm scale these won't be noticeable.

One of my favourite images of the re-enactors was this atmospheric picture.


This inspired me to do a command base using Boki miniatures fantastic new Austrian Line Officers to represent these two guys. The figures are not a perfect match, but they are close enough for me.

No comments: