Sunday 2 November 2014

IR52 Infantry Regiment Anton, 1st Battalion

It has taken a while to get on to these, and these deserved a bit of extra time on the painting, but as my first full battalion of AB miniatures I am very impressed with the finished unit (that's down to the figures, not my painting).

I'd painted a grenadier battalion, using Blue Moon figures, and the feedback was that the facing colour was far too light, so I tried a darker pinkish red on these. The colour looks a lot darker in the photos than in real life, but I hope its closer to correct.

The figures I chose were the early AB revolutionary miniatures, wearing casquet hats and side slung packs, but I used the 1798 helmeted command figures so as to bring the unit into 1800.


Here is IR52 alongside some German Austrian Battalions from Blue Moon...

2 comments:

Jonathan Freitag said...

I love Austrians in casquet and I have several battalions in that headgear. The AB FRW Austrians are fantastic, aren't they?

Phil said...

They are really nice, great job and beautiful mass effect for the future...